- psnt.net explains OT wisdom literature mathematically:
- Proverbs: if A, then A.
- Job: if A, then -A
- Ecclesiastes: if A, then Q? or -W? or who the hell knows?
- I have discovered Bread for the World. It looks like an excellent organization. I'd appreciate any information you may have about them. I see the president has written an interesting-looking book: Exodus from Hunger: We are Called to Change the Politics of Hunger
- The author of The Last Ring-Bearer explains why he reimagined LOTR from Mordor's perspective.
- The Lead calls our attention to an essay on how we need to do Lent better:
We let desire become our master, and desire has no use for sacrifice. For centuries, Christianity sought to temper primitive desire for addictive pleasures, dominance of neighbors, hoarding of resources, and other idols that ruin lives. But the broader culture has persuaded us to cut loose, to obey our lowest passions, lest they fester into perpetual frustration.
- Finally, here is video of FDR presenting his Second Bill of Rights:
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
An exercise in lazy blogging
One of my goals for Lent is to reduce the time I spend online in order to get a better idea of what is truly essential and what is just a distraction. One thing is sure: I've had more time to read through all those "starred items" in Google Reader. Here are a few I thought I'd pass on to you:
- Off to a convention, plus links
- Schillebeeckx: The threefold historical orientatio...
- Schillebeeckx: Sacraments are "the face of redempt...
- Comedian Lee Camp: "Evil people have plans"
- Rachel Held Evans on the future of Evangelicalism
- Like it or not, we're fighting a war.
- Recommended documentary on the bombing of Hiroshim...
- The Bible and the Word of God
- Thirty-one years after Romero, the poor are still ...
- Speaking of Peter Enns ....
- Midweek links
- Is homosexual desire a manifestation of original s...
- The problem with humanitarian interventions
- Recognizing God's work in LGBT Christians
- Schillebeeckx: Christ is the primordial sacrament
- The class struggle and the life of the age to come...
- Thich Nhat Hanh on the Eucharist
- Book Review: Love Wins by Rob Bell
- Exorcising Chase Bank
- Wherein I, like everyone else, talk about Rob Bell...
- An exercise in lazy blogging
- Lent is a time for solidarity
- Living humanly in the time of the Fall.
- ▼ March (23)