In case it wasn't already clear, the Western coalition is now providing close air support to one side in a civil war. I'm OK with that — though I'd be more OK if I knew more about the rebels we were supporting — but this is a very far cry from merely enforcing a no-fly zone. We're fighting a war in Libya, and anyone who tries to pretend otherwise is just trying to distract you from the truth.
Monday, March 28, 2011
Like it or not, we're fighting a war.
- Off to a convention, plus links
- Schillebeeckx: The threefold historical orientatio...
- Schillebeeckx: Sacraments are "the face of redempt...
- Comedian Lee Camp: "Evil people have plans"
- Rachel Held Evans on the future of Evangelicalism
- Like it or not, we're fighting a war.
- Recommended documentary on the bombing of Hiroshim...
- The Bible and the Word of God
- Thirty-one years after Romero, the poor are still ...
- Speaking of Peter Enns ....
- Midweek links
- Is homosexual desire a manifestation of original s...
- The problem with humanitarian interventions
- Recognizing God's work in LGBT Christians
- Schillebeeckx: Christ is the primordial sacrament
- The class struggle and the life of the age to come...
- Thich Nhat Hanh on the Eucharist
- Book Review: Love Wins by Rob Bell
- Exorcising Chase Bank
- Wherein I, like everyone else, talk about Rob Bell...
- An exercise in lazy blogging
- Lent is a time for solidarity
- Living humanly in the time of the Fall.
- ▼ March (23)