Saturday, March 26, 2011
Recommended documentary on the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
Today Rachel and I watched "White Light, Black Rain", a documentary about the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and I highly recommend it. I am utterly horrified by what we did there. I can't think of a greater crime against humanity than the one we committed in the name of a quick end to the war. (UPDATE: I clearly got caught up in my reaction to the documentary and lost perspective with that last sentence. See Bronson's comment below to see what I mean.)
- Off to a convention, plus links
- Schillebeeckx: The threefold historical orientatio...
- Schillebeeckx: Sacraments are "the face of redempt...
- Comedian Lee Camp: "Evil people have plans"
- Rachel Held Evans on the future of Evangelicalism
- Like it or not, we're fighting a war.
- Recommended documentary on the bombing of Hiroshim...
- The Bible and the Word of God
- Thirty-one years after Romero, the poor are still ...
- Speaking of Peter Enns ....
- Midweek links
- Is homosexual desire a manifestation of original s...
- The problem with humanitarian interventions
- Recognizing God's work in LGBT Christians
- Schillebeeckx: Christ is the primordial sacrament
- The class struggle and the life of the age to come...
- Thich Nhat Hanh on the Eucharist
- Book Review: Love Wins by Rob Bell
- Exorcising Chase Bank
- Wherein I, like everyone else, talk about Rob Bell...
- An exercise in lazy blogging
- Lent is a time for solidarity
- Living humanly in the time of the Fall.
- ▼ March (23)