Some of the United States’ partners have acknowledged that the initial descriptions of the intervention in Libya no longer apply. "What is happening in Libya is not a no-fly zone," a senior European diplomat told reporters, speaking on the customary condition of anonymity. "The no-fly zone was a diplomatic thing, to get the Arabs on board. What we have in Libya is more than that.""In Libya mission, war blurs humanitarian focus"
Monday, April 4, 2011
The no-fly zone lie
Don't you love being lied to?
- I never thought I'd find an argument for monarchy ...
- Ben Myers' six types of reading
- Jesus accepts his failure and abandons himself to ...
- Go to Dark Gethsemane
- Remembering the poor on Maundy Thursday
- Howard Thurman on the rise of hatred
- Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Rich get richer! ...
- "The hungry cannot wait; the heavenly feast is now...
- Consuming and being consumed by the Eucharist
- The Augustinian Amanda Palmer. Also, metal keeps y...
- Schillebeeckx wrap-up
- Private charity could never replace government ant...
- Republicans' budget would harm the poor, sick, and...
- My (and the Reformer's?) confusion about ex opere ...
- Schillebeeckx: Sacraments are the visible tokens o...
- The no-fly zone lie
- ▼ April (16)